Tech Prep 2017 Check-In Details Coming Soon!!!
Tech Prep 2016 Check-In Details
Please note that all Tech Prep Fall Freshman will be moving into temporary Tech Prep housing for the duration of the program, and will not be able to move into their permanent fall room assignments until August 6th. Tech Prep Summer Freshman will remain in their summer housing throughout the program, and will move into their permanent fall room assignments on August 6th as well. Please see housing.gatech.edu for additional information about living on campus as well as Housing Information for Parents.
Check-In will take place from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM on Monday, July 25. You may check in at any time during this time period. However, you will need to check in prior to 1:45 PM if you do not currently have a BuzzCard, as we will make a trip to the BuzzCard office at that time.
Check-In Location and Directions
Please check in at the East Community Housing Office at 711 Techwood Drive.
From I-75/I-85 North:
1. Take Exit 249D (Spring Street, West Peachtree Street).
2. Continue straight through the first intersection (Spring Street).
3. At the next intersection (West Peachtree), turn left.
4. Keep on West Peachtree Street until you reach North Avenue and take a left.
5. Continue on North Avenue for 1/2 mile, and turn right onto Tech Parkway NW.
6. Turn right onto Regents Drive (Georgia Institute of Technology sign) and into Georgia Tech's campus.
From I-75/I-85 South:
1. Take Exit 249D (North Avenue). At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto North Avenue NW.
2. Continue on North Avenue for 1/2 mile, and turn right onto Tech Parkway NW.
3. Turn right onto Regents Drive (Georgia Institute of Technology sign) and into Georgia Tech's campus.
Please use the Campus Map to navigate around campus.
Move-In & Parking
Participants will move into Glenn Residence Hall for the Tech Prep program. You will get your key at Check-In at the East Community Housing Office.
You will be able to park near Glenn Hall to unload. Please do so in legal spaces only, not those marked as reserved, handicapped, or fire lane. Once unloaded, you will need to move your car to a nearby parking lot (you'll be directed there). You may not keep your car on campus beyond 6:00 PM, without a valid GT Parking Permit http://pts.gatech.edu/.
Need a BuzzCard?
We will be making a trip to the BuzzCard office during check-in at 1:45 PM on Monday, July 25. If you do not have a BuzzCard, please meet us at the Check-In location above at 1:45 PM.
Lunch Provided for Students During Check-In
Lunches will be available for students from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM at the GT Connector Between Glenn and Towers.
Tech Prep Student Packing List
Please note that participants will be moving into temporary Tech Prep housing for the duration of the program, and will not be able to move into their permanent fall room assignments until August 6th. Please see below for suggested items to bring.
Personal items to bring:
- shower tote bucket, soap, toiletries, towels, washcloths, shower shoes
- extra-long twin bed sheet, blanket, pillow, pillow cases
- laundry bag, laundry detergent, clothes hangers
- phone, phone charger, headphones, laptop, laptop charger
- school/office supplies
- medicines, first aid kit
- a nice outfit for a special Tech Prep event!
- closed toed shoes for the Invention Studio
- alcoholic beverages
- candles (lighted), fireworks, weapons, incense
- any appliance with an open or exposed heating element
- masking tape, nails, other products which damage or deface painted walls
- personal door locks
- traditional extension cords
- wireless access points
*Please see Housing's Website for more information about what to bring when moving into permanent room assignments.