Applications for Fall 2013 will be open March 11th - 31st.
The Center for Academic Success hires qualified UNDERGRADUATE students to tutor in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry, and many other courses (regardless of a student's major).
We hire only the most qualified students to be tutors. All of our tutors are not only great students, but are people who care about helping others learn. Contact us to learn more.
Benefits of Being a Tutor
As tutor, you will not only have the opportunity to help others but you will be able to practice what you have learned. All of our tutors participate in a training and certification program focused on developing time management, learning, and study skills. These valuable skills will not only assist the students you tutor, but make you a better student and look great on a resume or a graduate school application.
All prospective tutors must:
- Be a Georgia Tech undergraduate student in good standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have completed at least one full semester at Georgia Tech.
- Have taken the course(s) you wish to tutor at Georgia Tech and earned a minimum grade of "A".
- Be recommended by a professor in a subject for which you wish to tutor.
- Be available to tutor at least five hours per week.
- Be available to attend bi-weekly training meetings.
- Be able to enroll in weekly course, CETL 2001: Fundamentals of Peer Tutoring, on Tuesdays at 11:05 am.
- Be in Good Academic Standing AND Good Judicial Standing (will be verified with the Dean of Student's Office).
- Complete the Application which will is posted here.
- It is strongly recommended to attend the Information Session on March 28 at 11am in CULC 144 in order to select your possible interview time.