Become a PLUS Leader
PLUS sessions are facilitated by PLUS leaders—peer students who have previously completed the targeted course and have demonstrated competency. The leaders are selected based on their academic skills as well as their ability to interact and relate to other students. The PLUS sessions can be best described as "super-group tutoring," wherein the PLUS Leader facilitates group study strategies and collaborative study techniques specific to the course.
- Tech undergraduate student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be in Good Academic Standing AND Good Judicial Standing (will be verified with the Dean of Student's Office).
- Have completed at least one full semester at Georgia Tech.
- Have taken the course(s) you wish to be a PLUS leader for at Georgia Tech and earned a minimum grade of "A".
- Recommended by a professor in a subject for which you wish to lead.
- Work at least eight hours per week.
- Available to attend bi-weekly training meetings.
- Enroll in weekly course, CETL 2001: Fundamentals of Peer Tutoring, on Tuesdays at 11:05 am.