If you are interested in becoming a 1-to-1 Tutor or PLUS Leader for FALL 2017, we invite you to attend one of the following informational sessions to learn more about the positions and ask any questions that you may have.
- Thursday, 3/2 from 11:00am-12:00p in Clough 262
- Monday, 3/6 from 5:00p-6:00 in Clough 262
- Wednesday, 3/8 from 11:00a-12:00 in Clough 262
**Info session attendees who are selected for an interview will receive first choice of interview times.
Benefits of Being a Tutor
As tutor, you will not only have the opportunity to help others but you will be able to practice what you have learned. All of our tutors participate in a training and certification program focused on developing time management, learning, and study skills. These valuable skills will not only assist the students you tutor, but make you a better student and look great on a resume or a graduate school application.
All prospective tutors and PLUS leaders must:
- Tech undergraduate student in good standing.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have completed at least one full semester at Georgia Tech.
- Have taken the course(s) you wish to tutor at Georgia Tech and earned a minimum grade of "A".
- Have a Faculty Reference.
- 1-to-1 Tutors: Be available to tutor at least seven hours per week, and eligible to support a minimum of five courses.
- Be available to attend bi-weekly training meetings.
- Be able to enroll in weekly course, CETL 2001: Fundamentals of Peer Tutoring, on Tuesdays at 11:05 am.
- Be in Good Academic Standing AND Good Judicial Standing (will be verified with the Dean of Student's Office).